Sunday, September 22, 2013

perfect pancakes



I'm a Pioneer Woman girl. I read her book, own her cookbooks, and check her blog religiously. Maybe it's the oh so lovely story of the city girl who fell for a silver haired cowboy or perhaps the witty quips in every post. So needless to say when I suggested pancakes for breakfast her blog was the first I checked, and as always the Pioneer Woman didn't let me down. They were light and fluffy, and made the Hub's eyes roll back into his head. I lift my pancake filled fork to you, Pioneer Woman!  

Recipe via Pioneer Woman

Ingredients

3 cups Plus 
2 Tablespoons Cake Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 cups Milk
2 whole Large Eggs
3 teaspoons Vanilla
4 Tablespoons Butter
Extra Butter
Maple Or Pancake Syrup

Preparation Instructions

Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
Mix together milk, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring very gently until just combined.
Melt butter and add it to the batter, stirring gently to combine.
Cook on a greased skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown. Serve with an obscene amount of butter and warm syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment